From a clean computer I need you to do this...
We need to create some logs
After you have successfully burned the OTLPE ISO to disc you will need to transfer the disc to the CD drive of your sick computer and boot from it.
- Insert the CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
- If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to change the boot order:[list]
- Restart your PC
- As soon as you get an image, press the Setup key. This is usually F2, or Del. On some machines the key can also be a different one. It should, however, be stated on the screen which key is the setup key.
- Once you enter the computer's BIOS, use the arrow keys and tab key to move between elements. Press enter to select an item to change.
- Navigate to the tab, where you can set the boot order. It should be called Boot or Boot order
- The tab should now show your current boot order.
If the CD-drive is not at the top, please navigate to the CD-Rom drive with the keys arrows. Then move it to the top of the list. The keys for switching boot position are usually + to move up and - to move down. However they can be different, but they should be stated in the help, so that you can find them easily.
- Once the CD-drive is on top of the boot order, navigate to Exit and select Exit saving changes.
- Your PC should now boot from your CD.
- Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
[*]Please be patient as "Windows" loads
[*]Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE
icon on your desktop.
[*]When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry
", select Yes
[*]When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning
", select Yes
[*]Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users
" is checked and press OK
[*]OTL should now start. Change the following settings
Also its wise to backup all your data via OTLPE environment as who knows if you actually have to reformat the hard disk, at very least you already backup your data..
Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive