Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repost - Internet Text Box Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ItsADeepBurn

ItsADeepBurn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

~I posted this weeks ago to no avail, so I thought I'd have some fresh eyes take a look at it.~

Hey all,

I've noticed a bizarre problem going on with my laptop these past few weeks (I've got an HP Pavilion dv6000, in case you were curious). Lately whenever I write into a web page text box - such as the box I'm writing this question in right now, or on Facebook or my online grad school's message board forums - it almost feels like the keyboard can't keep up with my fingers. I'll be typing at my normal speed and hit letter keys that don't register on the screen, and I'll have to pause a split second and hit that particular key again just to make the letter appear. This also happens with the space bar. I'm subsequently forced to slow down my typing just to avoid the issue, and that doesn't even really work. I'll do a sample sentence below without making any corrections, just so you call can see what I'm dealing with:

~SAMPLE~
The qick brown foxjumped over the lazy dog.
~End Sample~

The really bizarre part is that this only happens with internet text. I can type at my normal speed in Microsoft Word without a problem at all. Needless to say, this is incredibly annoying. Is there a way I can fix this? If I remember correctly, I may have made Microsoft-generated updates to my system right before this started, but I can't say for sure. Thanks in advance for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

What browser?
What AV/firewall do you use?

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 ItsADeepBurn

ItsADeepBurn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

Well, if that doesn't beat all. I ran IE without the add-ons enabled and it looks like the text issue simply vanished. Good call! :thumbsup:

So where do I go from here: Should I disable all add-ons completely, or just delete a specific culprit (Not sure how to do either one, honestly)? And since you asked, I'm running the most recent Norton for my A-V software.

#4 ItsADeepBurn

ItsADeepBurn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Check that, I just toyed with the add-ons list under the Tools menu in IE and shut down the ones I don't need. Text works like new again, and IE is significantly faster and much less prone to crashes. Thanks again for the pointer!!

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

You're very welcome :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users