Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booting Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

Last night I did a routine yearly hardware cleaning of my case: case fans, video card heatsink, CPU heat sink, power supply and a general compressed air cleaning of the case. After finished I returned the RAM sticks and video card to the rightful slots on the motherboard and powered on. My PC will power on fine but refuses to boot. It responds like if you would attempt to boot without a monitor plugged in although I get a full black screen on my monitor rather than the box saying it isn't connected to a computer. I have tried making sure the video card and RAM sticks are in securely but to no avail. Any Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

I am trying to follow you with what you posted.

Does the monitor show any indication that it is powered on?

Try a setting button for monitor to make sure it is powered on.

Make sure you re-hooked the monitor up to the video card's port.

Does the computer POST a beep at all?

Does any lights light up on the computer?

Before I go overboard with more questions try checking what I already listed above.

Post back if problem not solved.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

I am trying to follow you with what you posted.

Does the monitor show any indication that it is powered on?

Try a setting button for monitor to make sure it is powered on.

Make sure you re-hooked the monitor up to the video card's port.

Does the computer POST a beep at all?

Does any lights light up on the computer?

Before I go overboard with more questions try checking what I already listed above.

Post back if problem not solved.

Thanks for your reply. When I turn on the PC the monitor goes straight to a black screen, the monitor is on default settings is turned on and was working perfectly moments before I conducted the cleaning. I have attempted re-hooking the monitor to the video card port multiple times though the problem persists. The computer does NOT POST, it powers on the fans run and thats it. The only lights that light up on the computer are a LED side panel fan and the green light from the ethernet port indicating the port is working. Any other suggestions? Also Thanks again

#4 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Please close this thread, issue has been solved. For those wondering the solution I just hadn't reinserted my RAM all the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users