Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

atapi.sys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spaaaam

spaaaam

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

for a long time now my laptop has been infected with this atapi.sys thing, and to be honest i dont know what it is or what it does, or if its even the problem. i have windows vista, and when i run the AVG virus scan it pops up saying atapi.sys trojan horse was found, but it wont let me delete it because it is white listed and says it may be important or something. and also if i search for the file manually, C:/Windows/System32/Drivers... and try delete it from there it says i cant do it because i need permission.
i dont really know what to do, but i am guessing its this which is messing my computer up..

help please :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hello,this is a problem malware and should only be removed by trained assisstant.
You will need to Download and Run DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log..
If for some reason you cannot perform a step, move on to the next.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help . Then go here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users