Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making WMP open when an mp3 link is clicked on

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

I'm finding a lot of good information about embedding wmp into a web page, but that's not what I'm looking to do. I'd just like the player to open, and the web page to remain the same when someone clicks the mp3's link on the page.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

Quick clarification: I don't want an option to "save" "open" or "cancel." I want it to just open directly in media player with no other prompts.

Should have said that first. Sorry.

#3 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

Ah, never mind... seems my computer is the anomaly. All the other workstations I checked just opened straight into WMP.

Wonder what I did to my machine... Thanks anyway, guys!

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Perhaps because your computer is set to use some other media player by default?

#5 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

You were right. I do use a second media player, but I did not think I'd made it my default - lo, and behold, it had decided it was going to be my default player. ^_^ Thanks for the pointer. I was originally looking at browser permissions and security settings to see if I'd set myself to ask permission to open those files.

You saved me a lot of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users