Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware/spyware/virus scanned and removed but still comes back

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 addicted2karma

addicted2karma

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:27 AM

im new here to please bear with me, and hopefully this is the right area to post. well this started about 2 days ago where in firefox i would google something and click on the link, but when the website loads it redirects me to another webpage with ads. every so often ive been getting virus notices from avira anti-virus. ive ran multiple malware/spyware programs such as malware bytes, ad aware, spybot S&D, super anti-spyware they all found something and i removed whatever they have found. so after rebooting i tried to do another search on google but the problem still persists. i tried installing windows defender as well but for some reason it doesnt open and will not let me use the program which im assuming is the virus/malware actions. i also cant use a system restore because it just fails on the start up saying it was unable to revert to a previous restore point. also i cannot reboot in safe mode (though this has been a problem from the past not due to the current situation) when i try it just blinks a blue screen and reboots again, ive tried forcing safe mode by checking something in the administrative tools in the past but it just made problems worst and i had to create a recover disc and rewrite files in recovery mode.

i just remembered that after the scans and reboot, two windows popped up..both RunDLLs saying that "nynw.wmo" and something along the lines of "ehuhohonequed.dll" sections could not be found. to be honest ive never seen those files.

Edited by addicted2karma, 03 March 2010 - 02:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 addicted2karma

addicted2karma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

also im not sure why, but after i attempted to do a restore im not able to open malwayre bytes at all to try and run a scan again. ive tried to uninstall and reinstall but still doesnt work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users