Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus K60 Windows 7 Video Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AllNightDawn

AllNightDawn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:59 AM

I'm having a problem with my new Asus K60 laptop. I recently purchased it from Best Buy and it ran fine for about a week or two. Then out of no where it started freezing up whenever I would watch any embedded video online. I checked for malware ad-ware and viruses and thought I had the problem fixed, but came out with the same problem. I finally restored the laptop back to the way it was out of the box using the system restore thinking that my problem would be fixed, but still have the same problem. It also will not let me download any windows updates and after an hour of usage it won't even let me open up some programs. I am completely stumped and have no idea what to do. What do I need to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'm having a problem with my new Asus K60 laptop. I recently purchased it from Best Buy and it ran fine for about a week or two. Then out of no where it started freezing up whenever I would watch any embedded video online. I checked for malware ad-ware and viruses and thought I had the problem fixed, but came out with the same problem. I finally restored the laptop back to the way it was out of the box using the system restore thinking that my problem would be fixed, but still have the same problem. It also will not let me download any windows updates and after an hour of usage it won't even let me open up some programs. I am completely stumped and have no idea what to do. What do I need to do?

If you are not able to install windows updates, this means your computer contains a hijack somewhere.

My first suggestion is to run the following program to see if you've been infected.

Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/en/ownmirrors1/index.html

update it and scan your system and when it is done scanning click the FIX PROBLEMS button.

Also I think you should head over to the AmIInfected? forums of bleepingcomputer.com at this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

There you post your problem and they will advise you what to do, very helpful knowledgeable people there! :thumbsup:

Edited by MrBruce1959, 04 March 2010 - 01:18 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users