1. Disable System Restore (malware can enter system restore files and screw everything up)
2. Scan with your program thingy
3. Probably there is nothing infected
4. You have to download some anti-rootkit thing but I don't have any links becuase I can't find any anti-rootkit programs
*cough* BACKUP *cough*
5. Scan with your anti-rootkit program and remove all the infections
6. Reboot your computer
7. Your computer is clean!
Rootkits are really annoying...
And sometimes when you try to remove rootkits it comes back up. Then you have to:
1. Reinstall Windows and forget about all your stuff
2. Backup (everybody knows you should) data then reinstall windows
3. Ask one of those IT guys for help or those "trained" people.
Shout out "I HATE ROOTKITS!" to the world.
Edited by tinyfighters, 04 March 2010 - 07:27 PM.