Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Tool has taken over my computer!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shyer

shyer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

Please HELP!! Everything I run comes up with an infected error, telling me that I need to run Security Tool. Error Message: Some critical system files of your computer were modified by malicous programs, and has detected hartmful software in your system...register immediately. Multiple red boxes pop up that say are you sure you want to continue unprotected. All the icons on my desktop have disappeared. My computer automatically resets itself every 15-20 minutes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

Hello :thumbsup:
Remove Security Tool and SecurityTool (Uninstall Guide)
Posted by Grinler on September 25, 2009

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...e-security-tool
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

Please post the completed MBAM scan log in your next reply with an update on how it's running,thanks.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 shyer

shyer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Thanks! I printed off the Guide. I'm going to have to download the rkill onto a disc and then run it on my computer... I appreciate the fast reply! Wish me luck :thumbsup:

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

Good luck,may as well add the MBAM updayes in case you are blocked.

Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users