Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alureon.dp Win32 virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pinkyandthebrain

pinkyandthebrain

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hi,

I seem to have contracted the alureon.dp win32 virus, what i get is
- no internet access despite being connected to the wireless (according to microsoft alureon causes dns changes)
- a "potentially harmful software message" coming up with alureon in it, cleaning system and quarantine both have appeared to fail, this message comes up when i try to install avg before the crash.
- Avast seems to have stopped working, i cannot scan as endpoints are unavailable
- I tried to install avg that i copied from a usb stick, and the computer crashes to sort of half sized blue screen memory dump thing and then a restart.
- a message coming up saying that automatic update has been turned off.

The Microsoft page says i need to download the latest definitions to fix it, obviously i cannot without internet haw.. haw..

I have been advised to do a hijack this and combofix log which i have done - for more details i have posted also on this forums with the logs and followed some advice: http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/10/Alureo...irus_83412.html

So far after running managing to install AVG in safe mode (it blue screens when in normal mode) and malwarebites both have found no malicious software (as i state in the last post) although i know the virus is there as windows detects it and still experience the above problems.

Should i be worried about my passwords and details etc as i have had this virus for a few days, is there anything i can do to fix?
I am on Windows 7 without internet so am doing everything through usb stick, maybe because i cannot update anything it cannot detect the virus?

Regards and sorry for the long post.

Edited by Pandy, 02 March 2010 - 06:42 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are posted. ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hello Pinkyandthebrain,

You have another help topic going at Bullguard as shown by your link. You will have to choose where you want to continue. It is a waste of resources to have two forums working on one issue. If you choose to post and continue at Bleeping Computer, you should notify Bullguard forums to let them know and they can close your topic. If you choose to stay with BC, please post your ComboFix log to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs. Another option you could try if you would like, you could check out this guide here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller and see if that might help you.

In any case, please post here to let us know what you will be doing. Good luck to you :thumbsup:

Pandy~

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 pinkyandthebrain

pinkyandthebrain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

Hi,

sorry for the double post, just needed to clear this up quick as possible.
Thanks for your help and markusg was very helpful and i think the virus is fixed for future reference if anyone needs to know how to fix it there it is.

Pinkyandthebrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users