I seem to have contracted the alureon.dp win32 virus, what i get is
- no internet access despite being connected to the wireless (according to microsoft alureon causes dns changes)
- a "potentially harmful software message" coming up with alureon in it, cleaning system and quarantine both have appeared to fail, this message comes up when i try to install avg before the crash.
- Avast seems to have stopped working, i cannot scan as endpoints are unavailable
- I tried to install avg that i copied from a usb stick, and the computer crashes to sort of half sized blue screen memory dump thing and then a restart.
- a message coming up saying that automatic update has been turned off.
The Microsoft page says i need to download the latest definitions to fix it, obviously i cannot without internet haw.. haw..
I have been advised to do a hijack this and combofix log which i have done - for more details i have posted also on this forums with the logs and followed some advice: http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/10/Alureo...irus_83412.html
So far after running managing to install AVG in safe mode (it blue screens when in normal mode) and malwarebites both have found no malicious software (as i state in the last post) although i know the virus is there as windows detects it and still experience the above problems.
Should i be worried about my passwords and details etc as i have had this virus for a few days, is there anything i can do to fix?
I am on Windows 7 without internet so am doing everything through usb stick, maybe because i cannot update anything it cannot detect the virus?
Regards and sorry for the long post.
Edited by Pandy, 02 March 2010 - 06:42 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are posted. ~Pandy