Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer infected with trojans, browser hijack, site redirects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mpb287

mpb287

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

Hi all,

My name is Marc. I am currently running an Asus Eee 1008HA Netbook. I run Windows XP and use Mozilla Firefox for most browsing. Recently it has been increasingly bogged down and the processor will rev and eventually just die. Regardless of what I am doing, the computer will freeze on whatever program I am using at the moment. The screen locks and the computer continues to make noise but nothing happens. This first began happening a couple of weeks ago and occurred maybe once every other day. It has since devolved to the point where it occurs every 3-5 minutes. My internet browsers are down to a crawl, and frequently freeze up for 10-15 seconds. I am also experiencing a problem with a fake citibank website. When I try to visit citibank, I am redirected to an identical website except when I try to log in, it tells me incorrect username and password and requests Name, DOB, SSN, Mother's maiden name, card information, pin #, account number, and routing number. At the bottom of mozilla while the page is loading, I see waiting for vendorweb.citibank.com. I have tried using malware bytes, ad-aware, pc-doctor and others to remove the issue, including using malware bytes in safe mode. Thus far nothing has worked. I turn to you, Bleeping Computer, in the hopes that you can solve these problems. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank yohttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic299805.html#u.

Edited by mpb287, 02 March 2010 - 06:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users