Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Antivirus 2010 and Physical Memory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 keeganlivevil

keeganlivevil

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

My main issue I come with is a certain rogue spyware called Vista Antivirus 2010. It's quite a nuisance and I have tried everything I feel comfortable with to get rid of it short of manual deletion through registry keys. It will not allow me to open MBAM or even attempt an MBAM install short of allowing the install to run. Oddly, this rogue even starts itself automatically in safe mode, which surprises me.
The antivirus also has messed up how some of my programs open. Such as firefox not know how to open when you click it's icon and having to search for something to open it with. I just choose firefox so it opens with firefox and just opens a new tab asking to save the file. It also opens a fake security center showing that Vista Antivirus is my firewall and is disabled, as well as it being my internet security, which is also disabled. Clicking anywhere in the security center brings up a pop up from the antivirus telling me to register. Which I know is bullcrap and which almost begs me to click the register button and all that to see if I can /whois the website it sends this information to.
I'm not really sure how to describe my issues with this other than it mostly being a nuisance and popping up constantly. I've looked at my processes tab in task manager and had narrowed it down to av.exe with the help of google. But after so long it changed it's process name to MSAScui.exe, which supposedly comes with your laptop, even though I did a search and found no such program on my hard drive. Killing this process shuts down Vista Antivirus 2010, but only so long.

My other topic I bring to you is that my physical memory is almost always 40-60% in use. This can take a toll on your laptops processors I'm sure, so I would like to take the processes down a bit so my computer can have that space to use for things other than all these processes, which I have no clue what they do.

Going to provide some pictures, hopefully they can help if my post is lacking in the description department.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Attached File  maingui.jpg   364.88KB   11 downloads

Edited by Pandy, 02 March 2010 - 05:15 PM.
Moved from Windows Vista to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keeganlivevil

keeganlivevil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

The rest you can view on the following links

Fake Security Center

Pop-up

Processes Tab

Edited by keeganlivevil, 02 March 2010 - 04:14 PM.

#3 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hello :thumbsup:

How to remove XP Internet Security 2010, Antivirus Vista 2010, and Win 7 Antispyware 2010
Posted by Grinler on January 27, 2010

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...irus-vista-2010
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

#4 keeganlivevil

keeganlivevil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Oh thanks. Didn't know there was a topic here.

#5 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

:thumbsup: This site has EXCELLENT tutorials on many subjects!
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users