Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hex editors How do they work ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whiz

whiz

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:07 AM

Hi All,

I recently purchased a hex editor program from ebay so as my kids could fiddle around with some values whilst playing runescape. I found the program simple to operate with one critical flaw, any changes you make are temporary Eg change 25gp to 1 million gp and it shows in your inventory, but if you try to trade or buy anything the value reverts to 25 again. How can I overcome this and make the changes permanent ?
Ignorance is the enemy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:32 AM

a mate of mine had a similiar program its something to do with the code he says i dont know what he means but maybe you do
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:50 PM

isnt hex editing basically hacking? especially with RuneScape.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:04 PM

yeah pretty much but if people make them then people buy them if you ask me it ruins the game because you get people with like 200mill at level 60 but they sell most of it on ebay and people are stupid enough to buy it its one of the reasons i quit playing again
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users