That's looking good.
Let's cleanup then.Update Java to Version 6 Update 18Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 Update 18 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for JDK 6 Update 18 (JDK or JRE).
- Click the Download JRE button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
and remove all
older versions of Java.
-- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u18-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.
Please follow/read the steps below to remove the tools we used and for some more information. Uninstall ComboFix
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
- Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
- Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
- Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.
This will uninstall Combofix and anything assoicated with it.Download and Run OTC
We will now remove the tools we used during this fix using OTC
System A bit Slow? Try StartupLight
- Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
- Double click icon to start the program. If you are using Vista, please right-click and choose run as administrator
- Then Click the big button.
- You will get a prompt saying "Being Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
You may wish to try StartupLite
. Simply download this tool to your desktop and run it. It will explain any optional auto-start programs on your system, and offer the option to stop these programs from starting at startup. This will result in fewer programs running when you boot your system, and should improve preformance.
If that does not work, you can try the steps mentioned in Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware
Congratulations! You now appear clean!
Now that you are clean, please follow and read some of the prevention tips below.Preventing Infections in the Future
Please also have a look at the following links, giving some advice and Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:
Some of the main things you should consider to perform/read are:
- Disabling Autorun/Play on Flash-Drive/Removable Drives
- Avoid gaming sites, underground web pages, pirated software sites, and Peer to Peer Programs
- Keep Windows Updated through going to Windows Updates
- Updating Non-Microsoft Programs
- Keeping Security softwares updated
It is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities. You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector
and Calendar of Updates.Update all programs regularly
- Make sure you update all the programs you have installed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT
be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Glad I was able to help and thank you for choosing Bleeping Computer as you malware removal source.
Don't forget to tell your friends about us and Good luck
If you have no more questions, comments or problems please tell us, so we can close off the topic.
Thanks With Regards,