Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Acer Aspire 6920G's fan is stupid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mcwierdo

Mcwierdo

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

Not too long ago, I posted a thread asking about the G in 6920G. I got all the information I needed to install Windows 7 successfully.

But now another problem has come up. My laptop is overheating, seemingly because it doesn't know how to use the fan!

I think the fan is working properly, it's just the computer slows it down at random. I have already tried cleaning it, with no luck.

I'm posting this here because sending it in for repairs is the last thing I want to do.
I live in the Faroe Islands, a little place in the middle of the Atlantic. Sending my laptop to the shops means sending it overseas to Denmark. It's expensive and takes weeks.

So I'm hoping that this a software issue. Shower me in your wisdom!

EDIT 1: I attached a complete report of my laptop generated by Everest 2.20, just in case.

EDIT 2: Sorry about that. I meant it slows it down to a minimum, but never stops it completely.

EDIT 3: Yesterday, I found a program called SpeedFan. Since I installed it, the fan has been running normally.
I think my problem is solved! You should check out SpeedFan. It let's you set your preferred fan speeds. Very nice!

Edited by Mcwierdo, 03 March 2010 - 05:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 matt3

matt3

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

You said in the title that it is slowing down and then in the post that it is stopping which is it?

#3 Mcwierdo

Mcwierdo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:37 AM

You said in the title that it is slowing down and then in the post that it is stopping which is it?

Sorry about that. I fixed it now.

#4 matt3

matt3

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

i could have just been that you computer did not feel that it needed to run the fan so fast. my computer the fan speeds up on when i am going something that requires a load. so it could be that because winodws 7 takes a bit less system power to run that it was slowing down the fan to conserve battery? but glad it is fixed :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users