Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.BAT Command - Launching .EXE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hi there! I've been using .bat for backup purposes and launch programs (auto copy/overwrite script, etc). Now i have a simple problem, 1 program i am using (.exe) needs a user command, it needs a mouse click on the button in order to run, can i do this in a .bat file?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jase07

jase07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

bump

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:32 AM

Batch files do not have anything like that at all, I'm afraid.

Take a look at AutoHotKey, it lets you write your own little programs and is fairly simple to learn.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

Also look if that program supports some command line switches. Some programs have silent mode switches.

#5 jase07

jase07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Batch files do not have anything like that at all, I'm afraid.

Take a look at AutoHotKey, it lets you write your own little programs and is fairly simple to learn.

Thanks, i will take a look at it.

Also look if that program supports some command line switches. Some programs have silent mode switches.

how will i know if it supports some command line switches?

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

Check the documentation? In Windows, you type the program name followed by a /?. In *nix, you type in man followed by the name of the file. Or you search online for documentation.

#7 jase07

jase07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:37 AM

Check the documentation? In Windows, you type the program name followed by a /?. In *nix, you type in man followed by the name of the file. Or you search online for documentation.

thanks, i found out that the .exe is actually a container of files. I used 7-zip and extract it. now i am able to implement the files via .bat file. Thanks

I have another .exe though that have password, i will try to check it out bit later.

thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users