Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bullguardc 9.0 will not run

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sigs67

sigs67

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

I have recentley been advised to upgrade to Bullguard 9.0 as I had a problem with my pc & was informed that this was probally my best solution at the bods at Bullguard. I downloaded, deleted my previous version, ran the installation & found that it would not run.

The error message was: Application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

It didn't. So off back to the Bullguard bods, I explained the situation, sent a screenshot of the error & I have been going in circles ever since. On one occasion I had one of the Bullguard staff remotley remove the 8.7 version & try to install 9.0. Guess what? same problem, I have even been redirected here to download Combofix & run it. I sent off the log to Bullguard & have been emailing ever since because their latest advice has not worked. At least before the remote help I was able to do a system restore & get Version8.7 back, but now that doesn't work.

I am not having a go at the staff at Bullguard here, they have been extremley helpful. The problem I have is that nothing will execute. Bullguard, Microsoft redistributable ++ 2008 ( I think thats the correct Programme ) or any microsoft updates. I am also left with windows firewall as my only security.

Has anyone any ideas or explanation as to what is wrong here? because I am certainly not a PC whizz by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks to all for any ideas or help you may have.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users