Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

getting rid of internet exployer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dustytuu

Dustytuu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

I have two computers. One has Windows 98 and the other is a laptop with Windows XP. I would like to get rid of Internet explorer. I would rather open my pictures with window's explorer. It works much better. Internet Explorer will hesitate when opening pictures. I have to hit control alt delete to get it to work. After opening several pictures it will just sit there with an hour glass! Please help!
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:12 AM

First, you cannot delete IE without doing serious damage to your operating systems, since IE is a part of Windows. Additionally, some webpages only work with IE, such as MS update pages.
Second, if you are wondering about viewing pictures already downloaded on your hard drive, you can right click on any of the picture files and change the program that opens them (be sure to make the change universal).
See the instructions here:
http://www.febooti.com/products/filetweak/...attributes.html

Hope this helps,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users