First time poster here! :D
Well, my problem now is the computer boots up, fan and LEDs are spinning, everything is normal except that the computer does not go into POST.
It simply hangs at a black screen.
Nothing was changed, it was working perfectly fine last night at 3am (it's 4pm here as I post), fully able to play CoD: MW2.
What I've tried:
1) Removing the RAM and powering on the computer. Beeping sounds are heard.
2) Replacing the RAM and removing the graphic card. No beeping sound to signify it's going to POST.
3) Removing RAM and graphic card. Beeping sounds are heard.
4) Removing each piece of RAM, and testing at each RAM slot. Nothing changed.
5) Opening the DVD Drive. It works.
What else can I try/do? My hardware expertise is low - I am fully able to remove RAM, Graphic cards and CPU Heat-sink without breaking anything.
Mobo: Asus M4A785D-PRO
CPU: Phenom X2-550 3.1GHz Black Edition
RAM: Kingston Hyper-X 800-4GB kit
Graphic card: Sapphire HD 4870
Power Supply: Aerocool 550W Modular 80+
Edited by benlee10, 02 March 2010 - 03:41 AM.