Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet security 2010

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hellomister

hellomister

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:56 AM

I've been infected with this malware before and removed it using malwarebytes, but recently it has come back but has become immune to malwarebytes and even spyware doctor. All my full scans of spyware doctor and malwarebyte scome up empty. I decided to uninstall malwarebytes and reinstall but I can't get the installer to run again, i've redownloaded it and renamed it but it still won't run. The internet security 2010 also won't get killed by rkill, its strange that none of my scanners are working on it. I also looked into my registry and I couldn't find the edited registry or anything. I am at a complete lost as to what to do here.
Other than malwarebytes, my pc seems to be normal except for the popup from internet security 2010.
Please help thank you.

I'm a novice when it comes to computers.

Edited by Pandy, 02 March 2010 - 09:54 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are included ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hellomister

hellomister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

i think its getting worst can someone help when they get the time?

~bump

#3 esde

esde

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

Have you used this removal method?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010
I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.
-Adolf Hitler

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

It may require several attempts with RKill (in the Guide) so try a few times.

Post the scan log when completed.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 hellomister

hellomister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

The only problem with this is that I can't reinstall my malwarebytes. I uninstalled it because I couldn't run the program.

I've tried using Rkill to terminate the process then run the malwarebytes setup file but when I do this, instead of running the installation of malwarebytes it gives me a internet security 2010 popup. When this happens i use rkill to try to stop the processes again.

I've tried renaming the malwarebytes file and running it but it still won't install.

Do i need to do this in safe mode?

okay i tried in safe mode but internet security 2010 still pops up whenever i try to install malwarebytes.

Also the spyware popsup when i click on firefox to go to the internet to post on this website. It seems that those two things trigger the spyware's popups and it disappears when I use rkill right now.

im worried that it's gonna evolve or something and do something worst than what its doing right now.

Edited by hellomister, 02 March 2010 - 08:06 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

Ok two things can you rename the MBAM file ..after you click the d'load link ,click save ...Rename to ( thingy.exe) before saving to your desktop.
Then run.
Yes you can also try from safe mode with Networking.
If no joy run SAS scan first then try again . Remember if you have to reboot you need to rerun RKill.

If MBAM was successful.run SAS scan after anyway . Post all logs

Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 hellomister

hellomister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

Hi, So i ran superantispyware in safe mode and It detected 4 threats and I checked to quaratine them and reboot. When i rebooted my computer in non safe mode the super antispyware program was removed or something because it wont work when i click on the icon and instead it says to pick a program to run it. Same thing happens when i try mozilla firefox, and add and remove programs says that it cant find C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe application not found.

I don't know what to do, should i reinstall super antispyware? I dont think it'll have my log still. I think the virus might have gotten deleted along with some other stuff that I needed to run certain programs? my spyware doctor seems fine though althought my symantec endpoint protection is not responding. Is there a fix for this or do i have to reformat or something?

only my internet explorer seems good, but the popups for the spyware seem to have gone away not sure if its gone but the symptoms are.

Edited by hellomister, 02 March 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

Hi.. Ok we are making progress.
FOR ... pick a program to run it
Go here to Doug KNox's Windows® XP File Association Fixes
Run 9th down on left... EXE File Association Fix ... the EXE not EML one.

Is that the complete message? We can fix this
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe application not found.

Next run RKill....

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
You will need to run the application again if rebooting the computer occurs along the way as the malware programs will start again.

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1
Download Link 2
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

#9 hellomister

hellomister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

Hi, Here's the report malwarebytes gave in the log.
It didn't detect anything with my comp.

But it seems randomly when i'm surfing i get a random popup or something and my symantec randomly says tideserv is blocked from someplace or something. Are these still signs of the spyware still on my comp? The major popups are gone however and i can run malwarebytes and other programs normally as far as I can tell.

it says SID: some number tideserv request detected
for the symantec endpoint security message thing.

oh yeah the .exe association thing fixed my problems with running programs.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3817
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

3/2/2010 11:35:31 PM
mbam-log-2010-03-02 (23-35-31).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 119000
Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Edited by hellomister, 03 March 2010 - 04:02 AM.

#10 hellomister

hellomister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

Hi, Sorry for double posting but here's the super antispyware log

I didnt want to merge it with the malwarebytes log because it might be too clustered.
thanks for your help so far.
so i'm just wondering is the spyware completely gone now? i have no clue.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 03/02/2010 at 08:20 PM

Application Version : 4.34.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4633
Trace Rules Database Version: 2445

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:00:05

Memory items scanned : 344
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5736
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 103761
File threats detected : 4

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Calvin Feng\Cookies\calvin_feng@pointroll[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\system@ad1.adclickmanager[1].txt

Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\CALVIN FENG\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\MSASCUI.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\MSASCUI.EXE-246D6A29.pf

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

Thank you, good job there. Welll I am not convinnced that tidserv is gone and we cannot allow it to rebuild. So we need a couple logs and have them reviewd by our DDs experts.

You will need to Download and Run DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log..
If for some reason you cannot perform a step, move on to the next.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help . Then go here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.
mention the symantec tidserv issue.

Let me know if it went OK.

#12 hellomister

hellomister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:45 AM

Hi Boopme,

In the guide when it says to use GMER to scan for malware/rootkits or something i am able to scan fine but at the end when i try to save the log to my desktop the program freezes and I have to restart my computer. It seems everytime i run GMER my CPU gets cranked up to 100% usage and my computer slows and freezes. I have the logs for the DDS though just not the GMER logs and I have a feeling the GMER logs are extremely important in trying to fix my computer?

Is there any other sort of diagnostic tool I could use instead or something or is not having a GMER log okay? I will try to scan again and save but its failed twice already. Should I start a thread in that section you directed me to and put up my DDS log and explain my problem?

Thanks for your help.

-me

PS. Does GMER tell you when it finds something suspicious/malicious? because at the end of the scan it doesn't mention anything and when I try to save the file it just lags and freezes up on my computer. I don't know why it does this, Im sure I have enough RAM and memory and such. When I scan with my usual antiviruses it doesn't lag this much, does GMER use up more CPU or something? Also Do i need to turn off my antivirus and antispyware when i scan with GMER?

Edited by hellomister, 04 March 2010 - 02:15 AM.

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hello, Yes GMER should but if it is not running well lets post without it in the other forum. Mention GMER won't run..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users