Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crasher12

Crasher12

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

So my co worker asked me to look at her laptop its a toshiba tecra m2. The boot keeps hanging up on the system32 file agp440.sys . I went on the internet and found a windows xp pro disk to try and replace the system32 file using recovery. After a learning how to add SATA drivers to the windows xp boot I was able to detect the hard drive and just before windows setup screen comes up the computer blue screens with a 0x0000007B stop error... I read that the battery could cause this so i carefully took apart the computer and replaced it with no change. I put a windows 7 disk in to see if i could use the recovery console in it and suprisingly it booted no problem, i was able to use command prompt but with no idea what the problem is i have no idea what to do with it. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. Thanks for reading the problem hope someone has an idea. any more info needed just ask :thumbsup:

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

Info on 7B STOP errors...http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, scroll down to 7B in left column.

IMO, you have compounded the situation by using a "downloaded" version of Windows, since I suspect that such may contain embedded malware as part of the package.

Any number of things may have caused the initial hang, as you can see by reading the data at the Aumha website.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users