Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer is curently running with add-ons disabled?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scribbie

scribbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

Hello everyone,

I just got rid of xp internet security malware using spybot. The virus LOOKS like it's gone...however, when I rebooted the computer it took a long while to get to the log-on screen (10~15 mins). When I open internet explorer a tab comes out, signalling "Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled. Click here to manage, disable, or remove your add-ons." I checked, and everything looked fine. That said, I could not access any animated graphics on websites. It's all x'ed out. Attempted to download flash, but explorer would not allow me. Ran both Malwarebyte's Anti-malware and Avast! Home edition...nothing came up. Is this a sign of some other virus? Is there some residue file or damage I didn't repair?

Some help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 02 March 2010 - 11:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hello,

From your description you are still infected. Given what you've already done, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users