Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All of my music is playing too fast on my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccathlene68

ccathlene68

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:49 PM

I had a technician erase my hard drive and reinstall Windows 2000. Now, Windows Media player and my Launchcast and everything I try to play sounds like The Chipmunks. Can someone tell me what is happening and what I need to do to fix this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Halfman

Halfman

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:22 AM

Sounds like the thing is in audio codecs? Try to install any codec pack from http://www.free-codecs.com

#3 Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:51 AM

Also, make sure you've done appropriate windows updates and checked all your hardware manufacturer's websites for updated drivers.

Edited by Harry_Manback, 09 September 2005 - 08:51 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:33 AM

Go to your device manager and see if any of the things in sound video and game controllers have red or yellow marks preceding their entries. If so, reinstall them or update them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users