Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

me, Win7 64 bit, and Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 oneup

oneup

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

Greetings all;

I have an issue with connecting to my local server "RJSLAN". When I double click on the icon in network in my computer, it gives me an error that windows cannot connect \\RJSLAN (or something close. It could say can't find). But, my family Win XP MCE SP3 computer allows me to double click it in my computer, and it prompts me for my user name and password and lets me connect and share the server space and printer. My Win7 machine can also connect to the family XP machine and share its printer. I used to be able to connect to my server using my win 7 box, but can no longer. I think a service is off, but I can't tell. I reset my services, and no luck. I'm not even being allowed to be denied my password. It blocks me before that. Anybody have any ideas why I can't connect to my server 2003? I can use remote desktop, and that works just fine, but I can't figure out why I can't get to the printer or share my files with it.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users