Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating SuperAntiSpyware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cyclernyc

cyclernyc

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

I am running XP Home SP3 on a PC.

Is there any way to change how SuperAntiSpyware updates? I am unable to connect through IE recently but when I want to update that is what it selects and so it won't update.

I downloaded the latest version using Firefox but it still opens an IE window to update.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:29 AM

In Firefox go, Tools>Options>Advanced>General and at the bottom in system defaults put a check in the box which states, "Always check to see that Firefox is the default on startup", then test it by clicking on the Check Now button.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

I have never had it open a browser to do its updates

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,937 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

If you have problems with updating the database, launch SAS, go to the General and Startup tab and uncheck "Check for updates before scanning on startup". Afterwards, manually download the definitions from here: http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html

Double-click on the link for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 cyclernyc

cyclernyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM