Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hanging XP; Unsure whether malware related

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Artegal

Artegal

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

I'm running XP Pro Service Pack 3 on a Pentium 4 3.00 GHz with 3GB RAM. NVidia GeForce 7800 GS graphics card. ZoneAlarm Pro firewall up and running. BitDefender 2010 Antivirus installed, but conflicts with ZoneAlarm necessitate that I run it on demand, not real-time. :thumbsup:

Started getting random system hangs (requiring hard reboots) 8-9 days ago, usually with a few windows open. Happens with Firefox or IE8. Nothing suspicious in Task Manager.

I thought it might be related to a recent run of the Registry cleanup tool in CrapCleaner, so I did a System Restore to a date 2-3 weeks prior (none of the intervening points worked). No help.

I'd OK'd an Adobe Flash update, too, before the troubles. When it came up again, after the System Restore, I declined it.

Several runs with BitDefender 2010 antivirus, Spybot Search & Destroy, and a-squared free (both before and after the System Restore) turned up nothing. A few times, I came back to check on their progress to find another system hang.

Then I ran through all the suggestions in jgweed's "Slow Computer" post. A-squared free, running in Safe Mode, found backdoor Sinowal and Trojan Mebroot and cleaned them both. Multiple runs of the above security programs since then, in both Safe and normal modes, have turned up nothing. I've done an online scan or two with Trend Micro--nothing there.

The PC innards are clean. Power supply was replaced in early January '10. All Windows Updates (except today's) are done.

I'd be most grateful for help.

Edit: Found several occurrences of this error in Event Viewer, under systems tab. It happened this am, right around the time of the latest freeze:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 3/2/2010
Time: 11:00:39 AM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxx
Description:
The V2i Protector service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I wasn't aware that I had that service running, or trying to run, or that I needed it to run. Any suggestions?

Edited by Artegal, 02 March 2010 - 12:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artegal

Artegal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

While I waited on a response to my question over on "Am I Infected..," I thought I'd run through the scans needed for this area. Everything's taking longer to do now, since the system (Pentium 4 3GHz running XP Pro SP3) hangs after being up anywhere from 5-30minutes. But Gmer's taking the cake.

The first time I ran it, it took off very quickly. I left for awhile and returned to find a system crash, with a message from Microsoft and/or Iomega telling me that the crash involved memory pool corruption and that the IOMDISK.SYS device driver was loaded in memory at the time of the crash. It requested that I install the latest driver version (there was an executable in the package for this) and then to enable driver verifier on the IOMDISK.SYS driver, which I did.

The next couple of tries with Gmer ended fairly quickly in system hangs, with much disk churning going on in the background, at first (of course, dead silence as the system ground to a halt).

I finally got it to run reliably by disconnecting my network (cable modem) cable. Don't know if that's significant.

Anyway, it ran at light speed for a couple of hours, then slowed a bit as I went to bed last night. This morning, coming up on 12 hours later, it's chugging through the \$NtServicePackUninstall$ files at a clip of about 1 per second.

Is this normal behavior? Can I terminate the scan at this point and just save what it's already done, or should I wait it out? I fear that it's only going to painfully--and very slowly--grind to a premature halt sometime later this week.

Breaking news: It finished, at hour 13. Of course, now, when I hit the save button after entering ark.txt in the file name field, I get an hourglass....Ten minutes, and still no file save. System clock's still going, but I'm afraid to overtax it by even pulling up Task Manager. And I don'twant to try to run Gmer again, if I can help it.

Suggestions?

Edited by Pandy, 04 March 2010 - 12:20 PM.
This topic has been merged with previous topic in AII as no logs were included. @nd post removed from Malware removal forum ~Pandy

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hello Artegal.

Let's let Gmer be for now. If you're still waiting for it to save you can go ahead and force kill the application.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

IMPORTANT!!! - when you save the file, rename it to something random, such as bubbles.exe This must be done before beginning the download!

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
Malwarebytes log

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#4 Artegal

Artegal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for your reply, Blade.

I never was able to save the Gmer file. The system froze when I tried to open task manager to close Gmer, and I had to do a hard reboot, yet again.

I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes yesterday, though I hadn't renamed the file. It found a few things yesterday, and I allowed it to remove them. I've included that log below.

After reading your reply, I used add/remove programs to remove my install of Malwarebytes and followed your instructions above. Today's run found nothing. That log is the second one, below.

Today, before I got your reply, I did a little touching up inside the case, and removed and re-seated my memory sticks and cards. I also disabled quick boot in BIOS. I booted up without error messages and.....froze within a couple of minutes (after trying to open Outlook with the network cable still unplugged :thumbsup: ).

I ran memtest86 from a floppy today, too, and got no errors after 5-6 passes.

Log from 3/3:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3822
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

3/3/2010 4:30:29 PM
mbam-log-2010-03-03 (16-30-29).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|)
Objects scanned: 291267
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 19 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{67450775-3b18-49b1-aa83-0e010f07f4df} (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{69b3ebfa-0015-4914-9312-e7758eacfac1} (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{30de9920-2e84-40a2-88a5-b8d256e15101} (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\Filters\EITCC_LinearBlur.dll (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\Filters\EITCC_LinearBlur.dll (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Log from today (3/4):

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3825
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

3/4/2010 4:46:26 PM
mbam-log-2010-03-04 (16-46-26).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 165679
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Thanks again,

Artegal

#5 Artegal

Artegal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Now, it seems, almost every crash is preceded in the event log by this error message:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7024
Date: 3/5/2010
Time: 12:26:50 PM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxx (<<my edit)
Description:
The V2i Protector service terminated with service-specific error 2147746132 (0x80040154).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Now, maybe Drive Image runs in the background all the time (I don't think so), but I haven't used it since I first imaged my system back in '03!

Don't know if that's significant; just thought it might be of interest.

#6 Artegal

Artegal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

I went ahead and removed Drive Image 7. Figured I'd never use those images from '03 anway, at this point.

Still getting random hangs, requiring hard reboots. Occasionally, after rebooting, I'll leave the PC for awhile and come back to find:

a)the system again frozen, with system clock stopped, or

b)some long blue-screen message with error codes and a bunch of generic suggestions on what to do to fix the problem, or, rarely

c)a web page from Microsoft with a lot of specific troubleshooting advice that covers just about everything that might go wrong with one's computer. This will usually come up after one of those automated requests to send Microsoft a log of the problem.

I'm no longer seeing much in the way of clues in Event Viewer, either. I'm really wondering which way to turn, here. I'm clutching at straws, but thinking of running a system file check and/or updating the video card drivers. Those two items assume that the problem's not malware, though. I'll do my usual weekly spyware and antivirus checks, too.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

#7 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hello Artegal.

My apologies for the delay. Have been having some issues in real life.

I'm rather convinced that the problem here is not malware. However, let's cross check that with another scan. Also, a question: do the freezes happen in Safe Mode?
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (uncheck all others):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". When logging in, do NOT log in under the account titled "Admin" or "Administrator"

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
SUPERAntiSpyware log

Edited by Blade Zephon, 08 March 2010 - 01:03 PM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#8 Artegal

Artegal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

OK, I ran ATF, as you suggested.

The Superantispyware log is below. I have two drives running in Raid 1 (C & D). C is partitioned into C, G, H, I, J. I haven't made any changes to that arrangement in many months.

I did do a SFC (I guess it went well; I didn't hang around while it ran) and updated the video card driver.

I had one freeze in Safe Mode last week, but I don't recall exactly what I was doing at the time. Today's run with Superantispyware went smoothly in Safe Mode.

Another symptom I've noticed: when I log into Windows, it takes a good 5-10 minutes for the CPU to quiet down to the point that I can start using it reliably. I've started Task Manager right after logging in and seen CPU usage at 90-100% for much of that time.

Here's the log. Thanks again for your help. Hope the RL issues work out well for you.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 03/08/2010 at 07:43 PM

Application Version : 4.34.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4651
Trace Rules Database Version: 2463

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 03:27:09

Memory items scanned : 215
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5776
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 118649
File threats detected : 84

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@pointroll[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@realmedia[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@collective-media[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@tribalfusion[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@adserver.adtechus[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.pointroll[2].txt
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@2o7[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@adrevolver[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.adworldnetwork[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.adworldnetwork[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.gorillanation[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.gorillanation[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.gorillanation[2].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.gorillanation[2].txt.pvac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.pointroll[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@ads.pointroll[2].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@advertising[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@atdmt[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@atdmt[1].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@bs.serving-sys[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@bs.serving-sys[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@doubleclick[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@doubleclick[1].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@edge.ru4[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@fastclick[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@fastclick[2].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@fortunecity[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@fortunecity[1].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@fortunecity[1].txt.pvac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@fortunecity[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@fortunecity[2].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@mediamgr.ugo[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@mediamgr.ugo[2].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@servedby.advertising[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@servedby.advertising[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@zedo[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\Drone\Cookies\drone@zedo[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pdac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pmaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pvad.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pvae.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pvaf.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pvag.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pvah.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@2o7[2].txt.pwab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ads.x10[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@advertising[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@atdmt[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@bfast[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@doubleclick[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pdac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pmaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pvad.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pvae.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pvaf.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pvag.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pvah.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[1].txt.pwab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[2].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[2].txt.pvac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@ehg-acdsystems.hitbox[2].txt.pvad.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pdac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pmaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pvad.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pvae.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pvaf.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pvag.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pvah.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@hitbox[2].txt.pwab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@linksynergy[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@linksynergy[1].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[1].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[1].txt.pvac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[1].txt.pvad.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[2].txt.pvab.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[2].txt.pvac.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@servedby.advertising[2].txt.pvad.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of C\Documents and Settings\WFL\Cookies\wfl@windowsmedia[1].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of D\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\BackupC\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@doubleclick[2].txt.pvaa.dkb
J:\DataKeeper Backup Of D\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\BackupC\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@hc2.humanclick[2].txt.pvaa.dkb

#9 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

At this point it doesn't appear that this situation is malware related. This leaves us with a couple of possibilities. Either the hang is caused by faulty software. . . or you have a hardware issue. (specific isn't it :thumbsup: ).

My next suggestion would be to begin reinstalling the drivers of any hardware that your computer did not ship with, starting with the most recent addition. Make sure to use official drivers and not anything third-party. Most drivers are available for download from the hardware manufacturer's website.

As this is no longer my specialty I would suggest that you create a thread in the Windows XP Home and Professional forum for any further assistance. This way others that are more knowledgeable on your particular situation can offer their support. You should provide a link to this thread in your new topic.

Let me know if you've any further questions.

~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 09 March 2010 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#10 Artegal

Artegal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Will do, Blade.