Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery No Longer Charging

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lmarconi

lmarconi

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

I have a Thinkpad T60 purchased in May/June 2006.

The battery that came with the laptop died in July 2007 - exactly one day past the warranty. At the time Lenovo wouldn't do anything about it but I later learned it might have been part of a recall of Sanyo/Sony celled batteries.

Bought a compatible Lenmar extended life battery in August 2007. The only problems I've had with it is that the plastic case for the battery stuck out, so it cracked a little early into my owning it and ever since I've reinforced it with electrical tape. Also Lenovo's message center would occasionally pop up with a "Battery is defective" message, but I've heard from some people that this is just the result of third party batteries not playing well with the battery management software.

About a week ago I worn the battery down to 25%, but when I plugged it back in and went to charge it, the battery wouldn't charge. This has happened a handful of times before and usually a restart of the computer fixes the problem and starts charging the battery, but I haven't been able to charge it.

I'm able to run on the little battery I have left, but not able to charge. Does this mean the battery dead?

If so, can someone recommend a compatible battery for my system that will last. I'm not looking to replace the laptop just yet but if I'm going to buy a third battery, I want it to last.

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users