Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Hotmail account

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DCal27

DCal27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

On Saturday I got a number of emails to my hotmail account stating that there was a failure to deliver messages to people on my contacts list. A bunch of people that I haven't talk to in years (those accounts no longer existed). Later on this followed by a number of replied emails from random people from my contacts list saying I had sent them a link. I checked my sent messages, there is nothing there.. obviously I hadn't been sending these emails... but I looked on the failed delivery and there are so many contacts from the list that are people i talk to..that must have actually got the email. Some professors, some other students and i don't no how to stop this from happening. It happened again today where someone told me that i sent them an email with a virus looking link in it. This email address is particularly important for my daily work/school functions and i would like to keep it as a reliable means of communication...

To summarize the Problem:
-Sending unintended/ untraceable emails to all my contacts

How can I stop it??

Edited by Pandy, 01 March 2010 - 06:31 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are posted ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users