Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with nvidia 6600gt graphic card (blinking screen)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 top_cat

top_cat

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hi! I am having problems with my graphic card, or so i think? Any help would be appriciated.

A couple of weeks ago my old computer finaly gave up on me so i decited to buy some new parts and instal them manualy. It all went well untill i instaled drivers for my graphic card, which is nvidia 6600gt. The graphic card is the only thing that i didnt replace and is the same as it was in my old computer. The thing is i have had the same problem before with this card. The same screen blinking and freezing as i am experiencing now. I searched the web and i found the post that solved my problem. I had to switch something off or disable it and then it was ok. I mean, the card was faulty and i couldnt play games no more, but i could use my computer for normal activities that didnt involve 3d acceleration (I could play age of empires 2). This was some time ago so naturaly i dont remember what i did or where i found that information.

I tried disabling 3d acceleration on my card using dxdiag but when i reboted, nothing has changed. I tried disabling some stuff in my nvidia control panel but i dont know what to disable, what to leave?

Using:
intel core2duo e7500 2,93
asus p5ql pro motherboard
2gb ram ddr2
nvidia geforce 6600gt 128mb

operating system: win xp sp3

edit: i found my old post on BC, but i didnt sovle the problem here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226642/computer-shutting-down-screen-blinking/

Edited by top_cat, 01 March 2010 - 04:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 top_cat

top_cat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

I don't know how it is now days here on BC but as i remember, i always got answered in less then 2 days, even if the answer was not helping me.

Anyways, after many hours of searching the web i managed to fix it myself. For all those that will encounter this problem. Right click on your desktop - properties - settings - advanced - troubleshoot - and set the hardware acceleration to zero. That's it!

It wasn't that much of a deal but it still needed many hours spent on searching for the answer that many of us don't have.

Thanks anyway. You can close the topic.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

It wasn't that much of a deal but it still needed many hours spent on searching for the answer that many of us don't have.

"that many of us don't have." No one on this site gets paid for what they do
We are all volunteers who enjoy helping other computer users
We have regular jobs and real lives that come first
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 top_cat

top_cat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

I know how this things go and i know you don't have much of it. Still, concedering my problem, i get the feeling that not much was done to help me.

Dont get me wrong. I am grateful for BC and guys like u, but in this case i just cant help feeling like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users