Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Remote Control - Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 harrismicro

harrismicro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hi, long time reader first time poster. Love the site and all of it's resources. I'm currently working on application publishing on a newly built Server 2008 machine and I am having trouble with remotely controlling users. Even though I have remote controlling enabled, and without premission required by the client, the drop down menu still shows Remote Control as greyed out. Is there a service that I have neglected to install/start? Am I missing another option or check box somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hi, Can you please explain how you are try to allocate rdp to the user? Are you logged on to the 2008 box as admin? Is this a domain network?
MCP
MSDST

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

What kind of account are you using? The default admin or another limited access account? Are the users logging on through terminal services? We need some more info here.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

I gather you are looking at the session within terminal services and seeing the session and trying to log onto that using remote control. Is this the case?
Posted Image

#5 harrismicro

harrismicro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

projectfocus - Yes.

Baltboy - I am using Administrator accounts on both sides. I've given both accounts full control.

Monty007 - I'm trying to monitor user sessions under the RD services manager.

Could this be because I haven't installed any CALs yet? I do still have 100+ days left of my grace period.

#6 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:51 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232792
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users