Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removed malware, but still can't access certain online services

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tigerbot

tigerbot

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hi. I'm running Windows XP. Recently I got a bit of malware but was able to clean it out with MBAM before things got out of hand. The problem is, before cleaning I received an error when trying to update MBAM.

After I cleaned, I tried to update and again received the error. Later, I noticed I was receiving errors while trying to access other services. I couldn't log in to napster, I couldn't upload a file to google docs, and I couldn't upload an image to photobucket. On the less important side, I've noticed that ads have stopped loading in my AIM buddy list, and the splash page failed to load in the City of Heroes updater screen (though both AIM and the CoH updater run just fine otherwise).

I've since run scans with MBAM, Spybot, and Windows Security Essentials, and but didn't find anything. I also ran Windows Update, but to no avail. At this point, I don't know what could be causing the problems. I assume either something has burrowed its way in and is preventing certain elements from running, or a proverbial switch was flipped and hasn't been put back into the 'on' position. Whatever the case may be, I can't figure it on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

Hello :thumbsup:

This topic has a troubleshooting section:

How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to scan and remove malware from your computer
Posted by Grinler on February 16, 2010

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...alware-tutorial
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users