Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Join the Campaign to Ban PopUp Ads!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

I came across this story and found it to be of enough interest to post.
Visit the links and find out how one woman, Tammy Kendrick, has single-handedly waged a war against Pop Ups. And the launching of her grass roots campaign.

BanPopUpAds.com

Are you tired of PopUp ads interfering with what you're really doing on the web?
Are you spending more time closing PopUp windows than enjoying your web experience?

Have you ever been afraid to check out a website for fear of downloading PopUp ad software?

Have PopUp ads caused you computer problems?

Are you an employer or business owner who is losing money every time you or an employee has to deal with PopUp ads?

Do you think it's unfair to expect you to invest your hard-earned dollars to prevent and eliminate them?

Are you afraid to download PopUp blocker software, for fear that it's really spyware?

Are you ready to FINALLY do something about it?

MyPopUpStory

The problem started one evening in early July 2005. . .

I realize you may not take the time to read the email that follows, even though it will only take a few minutes, and you'll DEFINITELY say "yes!" when you do. But, I understand youíre busy. No matter what else you do Ė forward this email to EVERYONE on your address list. This email needs to spread faster than the latest joke - or the eBay posting where the guy was selling his ex-wifeís wedding dress (though Iím not nearly as funny). PopUp ad companies track where we go on the 'net, and launch countless PopUp ads when we're trying to work or play. And, they're counting on us being passive and just Ďtaking ití while they cost us time and money. We can show them that we arenít going to take it anymore! We can ALSO show them that the best advertising is our friends and coworkers - and that WE are much more effective than those ANNOYING popup ads. The goal is for this to reach at least a million people - and all 50 states - before the end of September....

© 2005, all rights reserved
BanPopUpAds.com
Ban PopUp Ads (a registered Missouri business entity)
T. Kendrick, President

Edited by Scarlett, 08 September 2005 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users