Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bryan5255

bryan5255

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

For some reason my graphics seam to work fine with pretty much every standard every day task, but when doing certain things like trying to run a game or a CAD program I have issues. In a game menu I can see the picture background, but I can't see any of the interactive menu buttons. Similarly in the CAD program I can see all the outside buttons and keys for creating and editing a drawing and even click them, but I can't see the actual graphic interface where I would actually see and edit the drawing. Does anyone have any ideas as to why my computer would be doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

Some information about what graphics your computer system is using would help immensely.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 bryan5255

bryan5255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

Some information about what graphics your computer system is using would help immensely.

Sorry about that. Anyways, my computer is using a Radeon 9200 SE (Omega 3.8.442)

Let me know if that is enough or if there is any other info you need.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,959 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

Thanks, it's a good start! :thumbsup:

I'm not sure whether using Omega drivers will cause unusual behaviour, but have you checked the options to see if any kind of facility to have the desktop set larger than the monitor resolution is set up? The Omega driver may enable this for games & other 3D applications but not for the regular 2D desktop? If this is set up you'd scroll the screen around by pressing the mouse cursor against the edge of the screen image.

Not sure what to think about the CAD, did this start happening at some specific time?

Edited by Platypus, 01 March 2010 - 02:10 AM.

#5 bryan5255

bryan5255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:29 AM

I know the programs aren't trying to make the screen bigger than my screen is. The game I was trying to get working was an older one and I could see the entire display on both the game and the CAD program.

I did however a few months ago get my computer back from a friend of mine who's an IT who was fixing my computer freezing up. Now that I think about it I haven't tried to play any games or run the CAD program until recently, so it may have been a problem from the start. Also in case it was unclear, my screen doesn't freeze up, but simply areas of the screen that are suppose to be displayed are only partially displayed in these programs.

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,959 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:56 AM

OK, I'd somehow got the impression a toolbar or something may have been not appearing on the screen.

I'd suspect a video driver problem first up, if things that worked properly before now have those problems. Have you specifically used the Omega drivers for gaming? I suggest sourcing up-to-date drivers, either Omega or the regular Catalyst drivers, and seeing if installing them clears up the odd behaviour.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

What games are you trying to play, and what are the rest of your computer specs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users