Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how can i speed up my downloading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 limkopiu

limkopiu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

i having an tata indicom connnection having a speed of 3.1 mbps but i can only having a download speed of 15kbps. so how can i speed up my downloading speed , please help ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

The variables of download speed are almost innumerable. Where you are downloading from and what protocol are the most important.

Go here and see what the speed test says:

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

The speed test I tried that are based in India seem to inflate the speed I know my network is capable of. (I built the network I use when I was an employee of the isp I use now)

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:27 PM

Where are you testing your download speed? This site is a great site. When testing your speed, try to always use the same server. That way if your numbers go up or down you are comparing them from the same server. After you do the test, there is a box in the center with the results. On the bottom of that box is a smaller box with the words "Copy Fourm Link" click that and paste it into your response please.

Posted Image this is mine =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

Just to make things clear...
Your browser reports speeds in KB/s, the speed tests report speeds in kbps.
1 KB/s = 8.192 kbps, so 15KB/s = 122.88kbps = 0.1Mbps

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users