Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another comp with Antivirus Soft Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SurferGurl

SurferGurl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

I'm so glad I have this laptop to pay bills tomorrow, because Antivirus Soft got me. Running XP on a computer that I built.
I got warnings that I thought were from Windows, clicked them, and the rest is history! Got the same problems I've seen from others here. Googled 'Antivirus Soft Infection' and you came up first. I did all the procedures on the "Remove Antivirus Soft (Uninstall Guide)" page, many times, and still infected.
Finally saw the link on the bottom to "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help", so here I am.
I can see that you're all pretty busy, so will be patiently waiting. Thanks so much for helping us! I don't know you, but am about desperate enough to let you do a remote session, or whatever it's called when you take over my machine and fix it!
Thanks again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your topic.

Since you have followed our sites instructions on how to remove the malware...

With the information you have provided I believe that you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users