Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my router dying?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supawiz6991

supawiz6991

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

I wanted to run this by everyone before i give in. As of lately i have had several times where both my ps3 and computer loose their connection to the internet at the same time. I have also been getting numerous network errors from my ps3 as well. so i figure that my router is probably dying but i didnt know if it could be my cable modem?

Router is:

Linksys Wireless G router with speedbooster (wrt54gs v7)
Has most current firmware update

Cable modem is:

Motorola SB4200 Surfboard cable modem

I dont know if the firmware is up-to-date because this modem is provide to me by Timewarner Cable.

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

I also have TimeWarner as my provider, but I have a Motorola Surfboard 5100 modem.

Since you employ a router and a modem...either one could be responsible for connection problems.

The way to troubleshoot that (and eliminate one) is to connect directly to the modem and see if your connection situation changes.

You can take the modem in anytime and get it replaced, if you think it's faulty.

I find that most of my connection problems...come from my kicking the connecting cables loose.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users