Is this an XP or Vista machine?
If you have another browser other than IE try to use that.
If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe
to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe
so it will install on the hard drive.
Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
Try running RKill....Before MBAM ,it may take several tries.
Please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4
You will need to run the application again if rebooting the computer occurs along the way as the malware programs will start again.
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If you still cannot access Task manager
Use Process Explorer to see what's running at startup.
Please download and run Process Explorer v11.33
Click on File
then Save As
, create a log.
Copy and paste it into your next reply.
Edited by boopme, 28 February 2010 - 09:19 PM.