Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Google redirect

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jmacgolf99

Jmacgolf99

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

I'm sure you've seen quite a few versions of the Google redirect malware by now. I don't get redirected every time but more like one out of five. It seems to take me to various sites, not just one. I went through a few of the threads on here in order to keep from bothering the experts but the malware is blocking me from using most of the recommended scans. I have successfully ran Malwarebytes but the problem isn't taken care of. Another problem I seem to have is that sometimes when I boot up my computer my desktop icons won't load. I will have to restart the computer once or twice for them to come up.

I have Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron E1505 notebook.

I'm thinking I need to get this fixed before it turns into a really serious problem.

As always we are most thankful for any advice given to us by the people who are much smarter than we are.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jmacgolf99

Jmacgolf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been using google a lot lately and this is a pain.

#3 Jmacgolf99

Jmacgolf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Is anyone available to assist me please?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hello,

It appears as though you recently had a problem booting. I suspect that that may have been caused by an infection as well, though I'm not certain.

I would suggest that you follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Jmacgolf99

Jmacgolf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

Okay, sorry it took so long to respond.

I wasn't exactly able to follow the step that were requested. For some reason lately I haven't been able to select where I'm saving these files before I save them, so they weren't saved to my desktop. I ran DDS but was only to get the attach.txt log. I then ran GMER and twice it said windows had to be shut down because there was a problem and the file pxtdypog.sys seemed to be the problem.

Since I was unable to follow instructions fully I figured it would be best to post here and try to follow the next procedure.
I won't take so long to respond next time.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

Try GMER again first uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.

Try running from Safe Mode. How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users