Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it time to throw a towell?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RoseAnn52

RoseAnn52

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

I'm pretty sure that almost all 'Help, my computer is infected!' starts with this story, and I guess I'm not an exception - just earlier today my machine was fine, and now it's not...
It all started with everything freezing, mouse pointer didn't go anywhere, had to power it down/up a few times. Then it went crazy - desktop became pixelated, I could barely see what's on the screen. I managed to restart it in safe mode, ran Malwarebytes, here is log file:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44

Database version: 3510

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

2/27/2010 11:09:22
PM
mbam-log-2010-02-27 (23-09-14).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 275409

Time elapsed: 39 minute(s), 20 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 1

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 1

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\{F9197A7E-CE10-458e-85F8-5B0CE6DF2BBE} (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\mbt (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\addins\addins (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

Files Infected:

After taking care of these three things I thought the whole problem will go away, but no - my screen is still messed up. I can't run anymore anti-anything simply because I can't see what I'm clicking on, not to mention the results. Did anyone hear anything like that before? What the heck is going on with my 'puter? I'd really appreciate your help guys.
Oh, OS is Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users