I would try the original driver first:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...;product=453539
Then the update:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...;product=453539
Did you follow these instructions to install the driver?
1. Download the driver package.
2. Double-click on the icon for the driver package downloaded in step 1, and then click NEXT.
3. Accept the terms in the HP license agreement, and then click NEXT.
If your PC uses a Realtek High Definition audio solution, use steps 4 and 5 to complete the update, otherwise skip to step 6 and continue with the remaining steps.
4. Click NEXT at the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Setup window and wait for the update to complete. This may take a few minutes.
5. Click FINISH at the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Setup window to restart the PC.
6. Click OK to continue. The original drivers are now stored in the C:\HP\Drivers\Audio folder.
7. If Device Manager does not start automatically, use the following steps. Otherwise go to step 8:
a. Click Start.
b. Right-click My Computer, and then select Properties.
c. Click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.
8. Click the + (plus) sign next to "Sound, video and game controllers" or "Other devices".
9. Right-click the device you want to update, and then select Update Driver.
10. Click NEXT to install the software automatically
11. Click FINISHED to complete the installation.