Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchasing a new gaming/multimedia laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hage0424

hage0424

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

Because of the recent appearance of the Blue Screen of Death on my 3+ year old Dell Inspiron, I am in the market for a new laptop. I have a few requirements for a new one and am on a budget ($1,400 is about the top). I don't game THAT much but do enjoy World of Warcraft. I would like a laptop that will be solid (as much as it can be, I know we can't see the future) for the next couple years. I would like the screen to be 15''-17'', Windows 7, a good to outstanding video card, a good amount of RAM and memory, etc. I have been looking at Dell Studios (mainly because I my last two computers have been Dell's) but am very open to changing. I have heard good things about Asus and some of the Toshiba's. I also will be using it for work (Word processing, PowerPoint, etc. nothing special) and I have a decent sized music library that I would like it to accommodate. I don't have the time or the patience to build it myself and would love to buy it early next week.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BabyGuard

BabyGuard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

For gaming I would check out the Asus G series laptops. They are very fast and perfect for gaming. Check it out online, I think they are somewhere in the range of your budget.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

FWIW: There are many reasons for BSODs...hardware, software, malware, damaged O/S come to mind.

If I threw a computer away every time I saw a BSOD...I could not afford to play at this as I do :blink:.

Louis

#4 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834114803

TOSHIBA Satellite A505-S6035 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

im about to buy a new laptop and thats what im looking at getting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users