Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Skips Briefly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JBrydges

JBrydges

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

Ok so every now and then (every couple of minutes or so) when I'm moving the mouse around on the desktop or surfing the net there is a very brief lag that causes it and any sound to skip quickly. I have recently rebuilt my system with a new motherboard and processor so this is the only thing I can think might be causing it although I have updated and installed all the drivers for both. At first I thought i was a problem with my mouse but I have tried multiple mouses, both optical and with a ball and it still happens. I have tried running the system with both the onboard and my ati graphics card, cleaned my power supply fan, watched the system processes to see if anything changes when the skip occurs, as well as try every little fix i could see suggested on other postings about similar issues but nothing. This problem is driving me absolutely mental as I have also reformatted Windows XP and it starts happening right away. I know its not a virus or malware issue. Perhaps it is a BIOS problem that I don't understand with the new motherboard? Sorry for all the rambling but just trying to provide as much detail right away. Thanks for any advice guys!!!

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.21ghz
1.43 GB DDR RAM
ATI X1600 256MB
Windows XP Home (SP2)
Motherboard- FOXCONN 6150K8MA-8EKRS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JBrydges

JBrydges
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •