Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Security on my Comp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kidprodigy

kidprodigy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

I followed the instructions on how to remove Personal Security and downloaded Malwarebytes program and ran it and it caught tons of Trojans and other worms, GREAT! But whenever i try to use the internet using internet Explorer to try and download an antivirus program the sites redirect to so called antivirus program sites that i know are not legit or never heard of period. When I use foxfire, the pages always time out.

There is one .dlll that i notice never leaves the computer and the Malware program doesnt detect at all, the .dlll also changes its name but when i search for it it and delete it, it reappears in the same location i found it in.

Whatever is on the computer also has my mobile broadband card appear to be online or connected before i even initiated a connection. It also stops Malware from being able to update. Blocks all downloads and updates.

Can anyone assist me in fully removing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your topic.

With the information you have provided I believe that you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#3 kidprodigy

kidprodigy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hi Casey,

No worries on the late reply. Thank you for replying at least. I ended up having it completely removed by downloading malwarebytes to my main computer and connecting the infected harddive to it and running it that way.

so far everything seems to be back to normal and working.

Have a great day.

#4 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

Glad you got it fixed :thumbsup:

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users