Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVir Guard has Detected a HTML script Virus

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chalky100

chalky100

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

Hi, First time here and not to good at computers my AntiVir Guard has found the HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen in c:\Documents and settingss\Dad\LocalSettings\Temporary internet files\lifeinsurance[1]. I cant get rid of it using , Windows Defender, Malwarebytes anti-malware, Avira AntiVir, Loaris Trojan Remover, File Assassin, spyware terminator or EMCO unlock it.
I have used Hijack this to creat a log file but I cant see the wood from the trees.

I`am hoping you can help
Thanks for looking !.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpaceCadetDan

SpaceCadetDan

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

Do you have the latest version of Malwarebytes? To be sure, start the program, click on the update tab and then click on the "Check for Updates" button.

Now run a quick scan and see what happens. It may ask you to reboot your computer. If so, do so.

#3 chalky100

chalky100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

Do you have the latest version of Malwarebytes? To be sure, start the program, click on the update tab and then click on the "Check for Updates" button.

Now run a quick scan and see what happens. It may ask you to reboot your computer. If so, do so.

I updated Malwarebytes as you sugested and ran a quick scan it said no malware was found but during the scan AntiVir Guard pop up boxes came up twice saying "A virus or unwated program was found HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen with 5 choices for me to pick, while the box was up the Malwarebytes scan was stopped so i had to click on deny access ok button to make the box go away to let the scan compleate.

IT did not ask me to reboot,

Thanks for taking the time to help, what do you think i should do next ?

Edited by chalky100, 27 February 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#4 SpaceCadetDan

SpaceCadetDan

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

When was the last time you ran a virus scan using Avira? And is it up-to-date?

I checked Avira's website and they claim to detect this virus. Also, next time you get the pop-up, use Quarantine instead of Deny Access.

Good Luck,

Dan

#5 chalky100

chalky100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:09 AM

Avira is up to date it does find the virus eleven detections but i cant see a option to delete or fix them. AntiVir Guard program keeps making the pop ups but if i click move to Quarantine on both of the two pop up boxes they disapear then pop back up non stop.
I am running a Avira full scan at the moment.

Thanks

#6 chalky100

chalky100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:03 AM

Hi again, ok I have finished running Avira full scan using its Luke Filewalker thing, it found six Viruses all names under Detection are the same HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen and under Object it says arcadeplaystation_com.htm and iphone-new-touch_blogspot_com[1.].txt plus other names, the only button is Repair all, I have clicked Repair all then the box says The file could not be copied to quarantine, with a Delete locked files after reboot button which i will click now and post what happenes when my pc re starts.

By the way in my windows task manager under applications I see Microsoft World running, I have never seen this before is it somthing to do with this virus ?

I will be back soon thanks for helping,
Colin.

#7 chalky100

chalky100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

Pressed Delete locked files after reboot button on three Avira boxes then it rebooted but soon as system started the AntiVir Guard Attention, Detection! boxes poped up again,

Sorry about this, any ideas what to try next ?

Colin.
PS should i use combofix or Hijack this to give you a glimps of whats going on ?

Edited by chalky100, 28 February 2010 - 08:38 AM.

#8 chalky100

chalky100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:05 AM

Have you all given up on me ?, did i post in wrong place ?

#9 SpaceCadetDan

SpaceCadetDan

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

Been working. Sorry.

Try booting your computer into Safe Mode and running the scan.

#10 chalky100

chalky100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

OK, did that it said it would put them in quarantine, but the when I started windows normally there they were again.

Thanks colin.

#11 chalky100

chalky100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

Its fine Now thanks for helping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users