Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet connection icon missing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eyeballs

eyeballs

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

the internet connection icon is missing on my daughters laptop and I cant figure out how to get it back.
its not a major concern as she has it set to auto connect at home and college but when she goes elsewhere she cant get on the net
used to be down the right hand side but no sign of it now.
isb this a common issue after windows update because I've noticed that the volume control icon has changed.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

What icon?

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hi,
I think he might be talking about his wireless antenna that is in the bottom right hand side.
So eyeballs :huh: if thats what you are referring to then once you logged on to the internet with the auto-connect you mentioned go to your

MANUFACTURERS WEBSITE ex.(HP, Toshiba)etc..
Look for DRIVERS FOR YOUR COMPUTER
DOWNLOAD THE drivers for the WIRELESS CARD that is missing.
Install and you should see the antenna symbol once again, if that is the one you are talking about.

But maybe the symbol is not showing because it was removed from the windows bar. So in that case make sure you can put it to show back again.
Im not that good in explaning but I hope this helps, if not wait for cryptodan's response he's the MAN :huh:

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

You talking about this icon with the two monitors and globe?

Posted Image

If it is gone, try right-clicking the clock and clicking "Customize Notification Icons". You should find something that allows you to turn the notification icons on or off. I don't exactly recall what it looks like in Vista.

This article might also be of use for you. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 Shakesx2

Shakesx2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

Google "netvol.reg" from kellys corner and run the little program and let it add the line to the registry and then reboot!!!
I worked on this problem for four hours then found this !!

#6 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:12 AM

Just right click the task bar, select propeties, select the notification area tab and select Network. This is on my Vista pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users