Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pecan

Pecan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hi,

Someone alerted me to an infection at my website. When I attempted to visit the site, my AVG blocked it and identified the infection as Rogue Scanner (type 1007). I've dealt with an infected computer in the past, but don't know what to do about an infected website. I don't think the infection came from my computer, as I haven't uploaded anything in ages and when I do make edits, I make them at the host, not on my computer.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

PS. FWIW, I also got an alert that it's type 1035, although it usually says 1007.

Edited by Pandy, 27 February 2010 - 09:38 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are posted ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pecan

Pecan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

Well, I wouldn't know how to run a log on the website.

But anyway, I think I've got it corrected. My htaccess file was altered to redirect my site to an infected site when people came in through google, bing, etc.

The big question is, how did this happen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users