Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zalew

zalew

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:06 AM

My internet connection is used sometimes in 100% though no program should use it. I am using Kaspersky IS2010.
Is there any program that can track the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response to your topic.

Check to see if the firewall component of Kaspersky IS 2010 will allow you to view all network traffic. That way you will be able to see which program (if any) is creating all of the traffic. You should note that some programs do legitimately run in the background and connect to the internet - for example, Windows Update, your security software etc.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#3 zalew

zalew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

Oh yes - the funny thing is that Kaspersky shows that Kaspersky takes connection but it can't work all night.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,087 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

Tools to investigate running processes and gather additional information to identify them and resolve problems:These tools will provide information about each process, CPU usage, file description and its path location.

You can use Process Monitor, an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity or various network traffic monitoring tools for troubleshooting and malware investigation.

Online Port Scan allows you to scan individual TCP ports to determine if the device is listening on that port. There are third party utilities that will allow you to manage, block, and view detailed listings of all TCP and UDP endpoints on your system, including local/remote addresses, state of TCP connections and the process that opened the port:Caution: If you're going to start blocking ports, be careful which ones you block or you may lose Internet connectivity. For a list of TCP/UDP ports and notes about them, please refer to:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users