Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 automike25

automike25

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:32 PM

Every time i try to view cetain websites, i get an error message and my internet explorer closes down. I have scanned my computer with various tools and i have no spyware, adware, or viruses. I also scanned with hijackthis and did everything i was told to by the administrator, but these errors still occur and my internet explorer closes down. PLEASE HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 automike25

automike25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:33 PM

THIS is the error i always get

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:48 AM

This link might get you started since someone has reported a similar problem

More possibilities can be explored using this ( Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180 ) in the google search field, automike25. If you include the entire error, only 2 possibilities are shown...one you must pay to view, the other is in Yiddish or a similar language from an Israeli user forum. :thumbsup:

Since your hijack this log was found to be clean at a point in your original thread that is good, making it probable something else unrelated to a hijacking or other malware is at fault. To best track down the answer, post your continued experience with the problem right back where your original post was. The admin who helped you will continue to do so.

You may also gather more details, like reading the related info about similar problems to see if there is some small little thing that has been done with your settings or something
else you might recall is different now than when you started getting the problem. Maybe a problem with internet connection configurations. I don't know. Let us know. :flowers:

Edited by phawgg, 25 September 2004 - 12:26 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 thatman

thatman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:02 PM

Hi automike25

Base Address
0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000

Can you search your registry and write down the key numbers

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftCurrentVersionInternet Settings