Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why is Wifi Set to Off on Wake-up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

Let me start by saying ignore my signature, this question is concerning an Asus Laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The device in question is not an external USB Dongle or other added part, it is an original part in the laptop.

When the computer is awakened from sleep mode or powered on the Wifi connection is set to OFF and currently that means you have to turn it on manually. This is trivial to do because its just FN+2 but this isn't my laptop and the owner hates this, they want their Wifi to come on by itself NOW.

I have checked and the computer is not turning off the device to save power, the setting under the device properties is unchecked. Also the wifi does work fine and it doesn't turn off unexpectedly or anything, it is just OFF by default.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users