Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

64Bit Vista with Realtek Audio, C/Sub Speaker Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Monath

Monath

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

Hello, I recently purchased the Creative T6160 5.1 Multimedia Speaker System for my computer but cannot get the center and sub to work. The other 4 speakers work just fine.

My Computer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c01612549
With Radeon 4650 video card

My computer has Realtek audio installed, and in the Realtek HD Audio Manager I have set my speaker configuration to 5.1. The audio manager recognizes that my c/sub is connected but they produce no sound when I test them. I have updated all of my audio drivers. All of the speakers are connected into the back of the subwoofer and all 3 cords coming from the sub are connected properly into the back of my computer.

Any help as to why these 2 speakers are not working would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hello, I recently purchased the Creative T6160 5.1 Multimedia Speaker System for my computer but cannot get the center and sub to work. The other 4 speakers work just fine.

My Computer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c01612549
With Radeon 4650 video card

My computer has Realtek audio installed, and in the Realtek HD Audio Manager I have set my speaker configuration to 5.1. The audio manager recognizes that my c/sub is connected but they produce no sound when I test them. I have updated all of my audio drivers. All of the speakers are connected into the back of the subwoofer and all 3 cords coming from the sub are connected properly into the back of my computer.

Any help as to why these 2 speakers are not working would be appreciated.

I had this under Windows XP, just keep messing with the configs. It took me like 3 hours to get it to work one day.

#3 Monath

Monath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

I tried tinkering with the configurations again and after setting the volume on my system to absolute 100% I can hear a quiet noise when testing my center speaker and sub through the realtek hd audio manager, although the sound isn't coming from my center or sub. Any ideas?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:04 AM

Are you making sure that the settings are correct and that you have your speakers set up in the right ports on the back?

#5 Monath

Monath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Yes, everything is connected and set up properly.

#6 Monath

Monath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Just booted up my computer today and all of a sudden my rear right speaker is now not working either.

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

It could be something as simple as a cord that is shorting out....do you have another cord set to try?
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users